Saturday, June 24, 2006

Who can be against us.

Sometimes life gets a little scary. I really try not to worry about a lot of things, but the older I get, the more I feel there is to worry about. Maybe it is the responsibility of getting older. Maybe I am not as brave or courageous as I used to be. But I know I am not the only one to think about these things.

One of the reasons we have the written word of God is to remind us of the things He has promised us. It is really helpful to have these reminders, because in my worrying I often forget about them. How often is that the case that the times we should be looking to God the most, we are looking at Him the least?

Psalm 46 is one of these reminders. It is great to know that God is in control of all things and there is nothing that is not in front of his watchful eye. When we get worried about things, when we start to stress about the events and situations in our lives, let us not forget about these promises that we have been given. We can not forget that God is our ever PRESENT help in trouble. Take a look at Psalm 46 and meditate on God's control of every situation in our lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home