Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I'm so tired!!!

As it nears midnight when I write this, I begin to think back to the Disciples in the Garden when Jesus was praying right before he was crucified. I think back because I think they are villanized. There are so many who look to them and say "I can't believe they fell asleep" or "if it were me with Jesus I wouldn't have deserted him." The sad thing is, that where the Disciples fall short, we do too.

Maybe this isn't true for you, but there are times when I am trying to pray, even for 5 minutes, and my mind is wandering all over the place or I am starting to drool on myself because I am falling asleep. How is this any different, if not worse, than what the Disciples were doing in the Garden? We abandon Jesus in these times because He is here with us, even when we fall asleep or allow our mind to wander.

I don't pretend to have the answer for this, maybe its extra coffee, maybe it's more discipline, maybe it's more sleep, but whatever it may be, let's try to pray as if we were meeting with Jesus... Because we are!

Take a look at Mark 14:32-42. What can we learn from the Disciples and our own tendencies?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home