Friday, September 29, 2006

Did I do that??

Did you ever notice that when you say something stupid or do something wrong your mom always knows? Mom's must have some type of secret radar that finds out everything that happens and every thing that you say in life. I know this was true of my mom. Without fail right after I would say something that I shouldn't have said she would show up around the corner and I would know I was busted. The disciples were no different, except that we don't hear about their mom's as much.

Take a look at John 18:15-18, & 25-27. This is the famous story of Peter denying Christ three times like Jesus foretold. We know the story that Peter denied knowing Jesus to a girl at the gate, another person, and finally a servant. But more than those people asking him, I think the worst character has to be the rooster. We see in verse 27 that "at that moment a rooster began to crow." This story is seen in each of the gospels. In Luke it even says that Jesus looked at him after the third time. And in each of those others it says that he ran out and wept bitterly.

The thing is, I can imagine what guilt and anguish Peter must have felt. I can put myself in his shoes. And what is better is that Christ forgave and reinstated Peter, and if He did that to Peter He most certainly will do that with us. But today, let us remember what it feels like to be caught in our denials so that we can live a life in which we do not need to experience that guilt of denial, but rather rejoice in the position we have through our connection with Christ. Let's get the foot out of our mouths and the denial out of our lives!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home