Thursday, August 03, 2006

Motivation

Tonight, as I was trying to figure out what to write, I was running into the infamous "writers block." It's not like there isn't a ton of things to contemplate in life, but sometimes it's tough to get motivated in a certain direction. So as I am trying to figure this out, I ask my wife for some ideas. She starts giving me a bunch of wonderful ideas about thinking about different things in life or songs we sing as a kid. These were really great ideas but none of them seemed to click. Isn't that the way life can seem sometimes? Even in America where we have limitless opportunities, we often have trouble finding that motivation or that thing that clicks.

So as she is coming up with more ideas I start to wonder: what is the motivation for this blog? Even more so, what should the motivation be for our lives? The answer is the gospel. Everything in our world, if it knows it or not, revolves around God and what he sent Jesus to do. So tonight, think about your motivation in life, think about what "clicks" for you. Is it the gospel? Is it the good news of the life that Jesus brings? Is that our motivation for everything we do? Take a look at Philippians 1:15-18. Where are your motives?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home