Monday, May 29, 2006

credit where credit is due.

Normally, I tend to try to do things on my own. I don't neccesarily want anybody to help me because I want to show that I can do things on my own. Even when we, or at least when I, see passages like "you can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" I view it as another way to help me out. But in Proverbs 3:5-6 it says "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding: in all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your paths."

Here we see that we need to acknowlege the Lord in all we do and not to trust our own understanding of things. I am too often trying to do things totally on my own, my trust in the Lord is all but non-existant. But as I attempt to trust in the Lord even for the smallest things it soon becomes easier to trust and acknowledge Him in all things. When we are able to do this we are then walking in God's paths because his goal was never for us to get the credit, but for Him to get the glory. Take a look at Proverbs 3:1-12 and think about what it really means to be wise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home